[SOLVED]Forge sources fail to install: MCP 7.0a

DarkMalfunction

Hi everyone! Ill be honest: I only started modding yesterdayafter viewing a few lessons by mDiyo and Methuselah96. I made a simple modloader mod to start, nothing special, just a few blocks, and then I decided I would make it forge compatible (because the tutorial said so ;D ). So, I went and found your lovely wikipage explaining how to install the source for forge (I already had JDK, latest version according to java.com). I got a clean download of MCP and the forge 3.3.8.152 src,  and this is what I did.

1) extracted MCP7.0a

2)placed a clean bin and resources folder in the "jars" subfolder of the extracted MCP folder.

3) placed a minecraft server .jar (clean) in the "jars" subfolder.

4) extracted the "forge" folder from the 3.3.8.152 folder into the extracted MCP folder.

5) launched the install.bat thingy from the forge folder,  and this appeared in the command prompt window:

=================================== Minecraft Forge Setup Start ================

=================

ERROR:root:FATAL ERROR

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Documents and Settings\Ross\Desktop\Modding Workspace\CandyLand!\runt

ime\cleanup.py", line 28, in cleanup

commands = Commands(conffile)

ime\commands.py", line 174, in __init__

self.readconf()

ime\commands.py", line 415, in readconf

self.csvnewids = os.path.normpath(config.get('CSV', 'NewIds'))

File "ConfigParser.pyc", line 610, in get

NoOptionError: No option 'newids' in section: 'CSV'

Press any key to continue . . .

Now if I'm doing something wrong to cause this, please take it easy on me, its only my second day modding, and I'm not the best at following instructions. Also, if I've posted this in the wrong place, I only joined the forums today, so I'm still learning my way around. I did a forum search, but didn't find the same problem I have on any other results.

Any help given is much appreciated!  :)

EDIT: Just saw something on a different post, is forge compatible with 1.3.1 yet? because that could be my problem :S

The above views are my own. You can agree, and be correct, or disagree with them, I don't mind.

P.S: you'll be wrong if you do :)

No Forge is not for 1.3.1 yet. Wait a few days.

Ok thanks for clearing that up, ill stick with modloader for the time being.

Just read up on the complete overhaul that's happening, and it looks muuuch simpler. although, I suppose it means I'll have to wait for a new tutorial :(

The above views are my own. You can agree, and be correct, or disagree with them, I don't mind.

P.S: you'll be wrong if you do :)